Sunday, March 27, 2011

Internet

For the last two weeks I have been at training for work. I got to stay at my parents house, instead of a hotel. It was awesome being able to visit with my parents, however, they have.....DIAL UP!!!! Therefore, the only Internet access I had was my phone!! I attempted to use their Internet, but it was so slow that I gave up and didn't even attempt to log on. I have been thinking how high speed Internet has really become a part of our daily lives. You don't realize how much you appreciate wireless, and high speed until you don't have it!!

Where my parents live, I also had fairly bad reception. It would take SO long to send a text or a tweet!! It really is crazy how we depend on the Internet. It feels so nice to sit here right now and type this blog with wireless Internet!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's easy to forget how slow internet connection used to be. Especially when we were younger. I remember it taking forever for aol to connect. I'm so glad we don't have to wait through that today and that we have our phones!

    ReplyDelete